What is my LINK internship?

My LINK internship is going to be incorporated with a medical internship/teaching program called RMEC (Resources for Medical Education and Collaboration). The idea of this program is to provide medical education and collaboration to advance evidence based medicine and to improve health care quality. The reason I'm going into this program for my internship is that I want to go into medical research and cardiology. The people that run RMEC assembled a specific program that fits me. I will be working with a spine surgeon and working with spine and orthopedic study.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 8

Today was a different and unusual day for me. This morning, I was in a case conference, where all of the physicians get together and talk about complicated cases or cases that may need another surgeon's opinion. That was a good experience. After that, I spent the next three hours in a respiratory ICU, which cares for patients with severe lung diseases or problems. Between the horrible sounds and the sad atmosphere, it was not the best experience ever. I finished my day off by having a meeting with Dr. Youssef and some of the other physicians and research staff. At first, it was a little intimidating, but throughout the meeting, I felt a little more comfortable. So, besides the time spent in the ICU, today went pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment